– Hats off to Buffalo, their coaching staff and players brought their A-game and it showed.
-We got off to another sluggish offensive start but thanks to some defensive heroics, the triumphant return of Andrew Quarless and a brilliant one-handed catch by Jordan Norwodd that had “Bobby Engram” written all over it, we eventually pulled away by halftime.
– Rodney Kinlaw really impressed me today, he didn’t dance around in the backfield like Austin Scott tended to do, he just ran straight ahead, not concerned about what was in front of him. The end result was Kinlaw’s first career 100+ yard game. Hopefully the coaching staff will do the right thing next week and start him against Michigan.
– Anthony Morelli haters need to take a step back and realize something: The kid has thrown 8 TDs and only 1 INT thus far this season. Not to mention he also put together a solid 20-for-27 performance for 202 yards and 4 TDs in today’s game, I’ll take those kinds of numbers any time.
– The defense was awesome for 3 and a half quarters and then they packed it in after the score was 31-3. Look for the coaches to be riding the defense all week long to make sure that doesn’t happen in the 4th quarter at Michigan next week.
– I’m almost convinced that someone on the defensive coaching staff has being doing blow in their office. Brendan Perretta, a 5’8″ slow white dude as a 2nd string CB? Seriously, somebody explain the logic to me here…it’s not like he’s the second coming of Jason Sehorn.
– Justin King looked human today in his pass coverage, giving up a couple of big gains through the air. Look for Michigan to be throwing his way frequently next week until the old “shut-down corner” Justin King returns.
– I’m in the “I’ll believe when I see it” mindset when it comes to beating Michigan. Thus, I’m still predicting we lose our Big Ten opener next week.